Wooden raised pond

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi we are getting a wooden raised pond 6 x 4 x16 and thinking about a waterfall feature eg: water fall can we have some advised on how to achieve this thanks for any advice

Reaction score
Country
United States
On mine I simply have the hose from the pump and filter run up and around to an attached stand that is lined with pond liner. I can go take a better pic if you need it.

Attachments

• 20190718_082419.jpg
    20190718_082419.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 485
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
thanks for your reply our pond is coming tomorrow i was woundering if i need a cascade for the waterfall feature as our pond wont be near a wall , can you advise on what pump , filter etc to get for my pond that will work by solar only as no electric point in the garden thanks for your help

Reaction score
Country
United States
Mine is actually on legs, it's against the lattice but the legs support it. Maybe someone else can advise on the pump and such, I haven't heard of any that run on solar. I have mine hooked to the back porch, then down to an outdoor safe connector that runs to the pond.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just glancing on Amazon I see solar kits for ponds that do 100-300ish gph, but if you want fish that won't be enough circulation. Do you plan on adding fish?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
You can build a bog with a small waterfall. Set up the bog from bricks/land adhesive and use a regular pond liner after the shape is done. You're gonna need to make it as tall as the pond and then have a pump send water back to the bog and the bog will eventually over fill and water will spill over. Make sure you set up a nice spilling set up when you make the bog. A simple tetra waterfall filter may do the trick as water pushes into it and spills over.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi many thanks for your reply when looking for a pump filter for my pond what sort of power should i be looking for for circulation , i got the pond from quickcrop on line i am looking at the cascade system with spill way but unsure of pump at the moment all though i would like a water fall i dont want nothing to big , with the casacde system i am looking at you can add plants to it as i think its a big planter converted so a water fall can be added i did look at the hoselock cascade pump system 4000 lph but not sure if it would be strong enough as we would like to add gold fish to our pond thanks for your advice

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
hi many thanks for your reply when looking for a pump filter for my pond what sort of power should i be looking for for circulation , i got the pond from quickcrop on line i am looking at the cascade system with spill way but unsure of pump at the moment all though i would like a water fall i dont want nothing to big , with the casacde system i am looking at you can add plants to it as i think its a big planter converted so a water fall can be added i did look at the hoselock cascade pump system 4000 lph but not sure if it would be strong enough as we would like to add gold fish to our pond thanks for your advice

Could you be more precise with your pond volume dimensions. Are they in feet or inches? Before anyone can recommend a gph pump we need the volume of the pond.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
many thanks for your replys our pond will be 6ft x 4ft 16.5 inches (40 cm) high = 138 Gallons (629 Litres)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
For a cascade you can just use a regular pump like this one. Take the 400 gph and put it in a bag to protect it.

If you are gonna put a bog before the cascade then you need the laguna 600 gph solid handling pump.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
thank you for your replys would matter if i went over 600gph pump with solar power with the cascade , thanks

Ask a Question