addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
aww you picked the wrong fish over and over...................glad you quit ..........they do offer help programs

DeepWater

The Great Abyss
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Before seeing my own new ones do this, I had no idea they could shoot around so fast... Thought that was reserved for the monster predators like Northern Pike.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
That's what fish do when they're frightened.
They rush around looking for a place to hide.
There's no place for them to hide in that stream.

at first blush i would disagree, though i see that others agree. to me it appeared that they
were continuing their mating "frenzy" that i have been witnessing in the pond, only it was in the channel because the water was high at the time. many of the small fish were enjoying it also.
they were all entering and leaving repeatedly. i would think they would not do this
if they were frightened by it.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I think it would be neat to see them do this .I would think mating also ,you know males will be males .They love the chase .;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I live in the middle of a hunting area and hunting season occurs during mating season, so I know animals can act in crazy ways.
However, the fish in that stream have nowhere to run, nowhere to hide and can easily bump into rocks or worse, jump out of the water trying to escape.
Not a big deal, I just wanted to point out that a person standing right next to that stream could easily look like a predator, which would be an additional challenge that the females have to avoid.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
true but it is cute you have to admit that .Even if they had a place to hide it would not keep something from getting it .Jumping would be a big problem when mating happens and you would be risking it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confuzion

Latest Threads