Working with a microscope

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Weve already done threads that touch on the importance of microscopes and their use in identifying parasites so that you know with what treatment to use on what parasite.
Microscopes are an integral part of our hobby and in reality we all need one not only does it identify your problem it can give you that much needed edge in combatting the problems caused by parasites .
But for those of you who are uncertain about their use I think you will find once you have sourced the right microscope and gotten used to taking scrapes to identify what parasite aflicts your fish .
Dr Eric Johnson has done a very good self explanetary article about microscopes that I think may well help you should you choose to buy your own , which can be a confusing thing at the very best of times .
Those kids microscopes are out I'm affraid ut you can buy very good microscopes online at Amazon or on Ebay , however be careful what you buy and take a leaf out of the good Dr's book.

http://www.drjohnson.com/expanded/microscope/micro01.htm

I think you'll find everything self explanetary so go on treat yourself to a microscope in the New Year sales this year and make 2015 a hassle free year for your fish

Dave

Ask a Question