Worms in filter pumps clogging pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

I need a quick way of getting the worm congregation from out of my pump hose and mechanisms, I’m constantly having pump issues where the water is struggling to get through the blockage of worms I’m currently hosing them out but as you know they stick really well is their anything that will help flush these out?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 1,003
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Well, that's disgusting! haha! What kind of worms are these? Are they living in your pond?

I would suggest figuring out a way to keep them from getting in in the first place. A pre-filter before the pump maybe? I'm assuming your pump is submersible.

Welcome to the GPF!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well, that's disgusting! haha! What kind of worms are these? Are they living in your pond?

I would suggest figuring out a way to keep them from getting in in the first place. A pre-filter before the pump maybe? I'm assuming your pump is submersible.

Welcome to the GPF!
Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

I’m not sure as I would say blood worm as I get a lot in the filter but I have two pumps one runs the filter running water falls which is the picture uploaded this is a submersible pump which leads to a box filter above water level the other is a submersible filter which runs my spitter even this one the worms get through and block the hose leading to the spitter, I’m constantly cleaning these out, there has got to be an easier way surely to get rid or stop them getting through

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I think anything you do is going to get clogged with worms - some people put their pumps inside of bags or buckets with holes or wrap it in filter material - but then you have something else they will clog.

Tell us a little more about your pond - how big is it? Do you have fish? How old is the pond?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think anything you do is going to get clogged with worms - some people put their pumps inside of bags or buckets with holes or wrap it in filter material - but then you have something else they will clog.

Tell us a little more about your pond - how big is it? Do you have fish? How old is the pond?
Hi,

Pond is 15ft x 6ft which curves in witdth running into 3ft wide estrey, deepest part is the middle at 5ft shallow estery in steps 1ft, 2ft, then 4ft drop into 5ft I have two filters a small one in the estrey running a spitter I also have a large external box filter running a waterfall which is run via a pump submerged,air pump and stones, roughly about 27 fish, ponds been in about a year now

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Pond is 15ft x 6ft which curves in witdth running into 3ft wide estrey, deepest part is the middle at 5ft shallow estery in steps 1ft, 2ft, then 4ft drop into 5ft I have two filters a small one in the estrey running a spitter I also have a large external box filter running a waterfall which is run via a pump submerged,air pump and stones, roughly about 27 fish, ponds been in about a year now
I also have plants can’t remember the names though one is Lilly pads,

Ask a Question