Worms

Reaction score
I have a skippy filter that was over flowing . the shower outlet for the tub was clogged with tiny worms. I cleaned it off 2 hours later clogged again ,I removed the stainless covers from the outlet , no clogging now . the worms are very small brown in color 1/8 to 1/4 inch long pencil line thick ? no clue what they are I hope they do not hurt fish. any ideas what they are ???

Reaction score
they are probably some sore of fly midge larvae, no they wont harm your fish as your fish will eat them, and they do feed on bacteria and algae, if you keep checking you will find empty shells of bodies, this is where they have hatched out of there body into fly's
i wouldnt worry about them i get loads in my filter/pond and never had a problem with them

Koilady

Water Garden Consultant
Reaction score
Hi Wing. I think that Mogsie is right because I've seen them in the hose from the pump to the filter. If I am backwashing the filter and turn off the pump for a while, when I get things going again, there are hundreds of these little worms that come out of the hose onto the window screening and then I scoop them up and feed them to the fry. They just love it. :twisted:

Your's Koily, Lorraine

Koilady

Water Garden Consultant
Reaction score
Have you seen any red wworms yet? The fish just love those too. :lol:

Your's Koily, Lorraine

Ask a Question