Would this tank work for a Skippy filter?

Reaction score
There seem to be several people selling these tanks. If I cut the top off would it work for a Skippy filter or should I just get a Rubbermaid stock tank or several of them? I have no ideas at this point on how large a filter I even need since I haven't started on the pond. I think the pond would be around 15x20 but that is only a guess at this point.
http://rochester.craigslist.org/grd/3779174516.html

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
a lot of people use them here on the pond and I have 2 underground without the metal cage for water collection system .I know here you can get them for 50 or 80 dollars

Reaction score
I thought the price was high but they are all around that price in this area. I am assuming that the ones you know of are in Virginia. Does it matter that the sides are square instead of curved like the stock tanks?

Reaction score
I have no clue how squared corners would work out. I think it "would work" but dont know if there would be a loss of effectiveness or not. There are several folks who have built a variety of filters, so maybe they'll see this and chime in ...

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
sissy said:
Does not really matter as long as tank is clean and no leaks
As long as a filter does not use a swirling motion the shape does not matter much. You just have to make sure the water is well distributed on the input side. For upflow this means an open chamber under the media which is common.

Ask a Question