Would you like?

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Found these at Home Depot sheets of whole rocks adhered to a mesh backing. The sections can easily conform to a slope.

Do you think they would look good when placed a a small steep slope of the liner at the ponds edge? The section would have to be glued to the exposed liner?

Was thinking I could DIY the same look using stone adhesive and pond pebbles on the exposed liner.

Your opinion please.

contemporary-wall-and-floor-tile.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Are they real rocks? Cuz you wouldn't want something that is going to disintegrate over time. I think as long as it wasn't just in one spot it might look fine. This is kind of a you need to try it to see first test. After they are weathered and have grown some mossy stuff etc on them like the rock on a roll stuff it might look really good.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
What are you going to use as an adhesive? It must adhere to liner with sufficient strength to bear the weight of the rock without chemically weakening the integrity of the liner! It must be water resistant, if not waterproof! Also the existing liner must be firmly anchored or the weight of the rock will pull it down.

Reaction score
I have these in my the shower of my bathroom. Love love love them. I had toyed with the idea of trying these in the pond as well, my concern was the would look like what they are sheets of pebbles. I suppose you could intermittently use them rather than a big stretch of them. There are different sizes and colors available, perhaps switching some up ... ? If you do use them please post a picture.

Reaction score
What are you going to use as an adhesive? It must adhere to liner with sufficient strength to bear the weight of the rock without chemically weakening the integrity of the liner! It must be water resistant, if not waterproof! Also the existing liner must be firmly anchored or the weight of the rock will pull it down.

How about using the black pond foam?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Are they real rocks? Cuz you wouldn't want something that is going to disintegrate over time. I think as long as it wasn't just in one spot it might look fine. This is kind of a you need to try it to see first test. After they are weathered and have grown some mossy stuff etc on them like the rock on a roll stuff it might look really good.

Real rocks that were tumbled to a high shine. Here's a photo of the actual product.

image.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The mesh backing will degrade over time .I have seen them used on waterfall walls .But stuck to a liner may be a real hassle to figure out .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):

Polyurethane Construction Adhesive. Probably Loctite PL.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Polyurethane Construction Adhesive. Probably Loctite PL.

The following is from the Loctite PL Data Sheet-

PL® Premium®
Construction Adhesive
NOT RECOMMENDED FOR:

Tub surrounds and other solid sheet goods made from rigid polystyrene
Water submersion applications
Polyethylene, polypropylene, flexible vinyl (FPVC)
Polyethylene (PE) films that cover certain XPS or EPS foam insulation board
Bitumen coated surfaces
Certain materials such as rubbers and plastics may have bonding difficulties. Test before use

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I think it's a two part answer - one part is would you like the finished look? I think that's a personal taste issue. As a tile application it's designed to have grout - I'm not sure how you would fill the spaces. Otherwise you'd have exposed backing which would probably cause the product to degrade over time.

Part two of the equation is how would you apply it? Those squares are pretty heavy - I'm not sure you could adhere them effectively to the liner without having the weight eventually pull downward and separate from, or even damage, the liner. I think it's always a risk to use a product outside of it's designed purpose without an understanding of how the product is designed to function.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
They used to sell this rock printed liner but it appears to have been discontinued.

816e2AVJhIL._SL1500_.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
JW, Rock on a Roll is still available but would not be attractive in this application.

I agree that effectively adhering the sheets would be a problem. Also agree substituting sometime for the grout would also be difficult. The polished surface of the pebbles are not a good match for our pond.

Back to the drawing board.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That not rock on a roll it is a rubber liner w/rocks all over it.

1 new from $69.90

816e2AVJhIL._SY355_.jpg

Sunterra 299313 River Rock Decorative Liner, 5-Foot by 10-Foot (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
by Sunterra

• Pvc liner is flexible and easy to transport
  • The pre cut size is easy to install and offers unlimited design options
  • All our liners have a raised texture that provides a home for helpful bacteria
  • Measures 5-feet by 10-feet

1 new from $69.90

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsabelT959

Latest Threads