WOW! Bloomin’ Lilies, Batman!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
While not the most flattering picture of the pond......I was amazed yesterday to find that my Sioux lily had 6 blossoms and 2 buds! @addy1

EBDD7F08-6190-4C97-BE40-46A2BBECE17D.jpeg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I have read and heard that the Sioux lilies are prolific bloomers and If I had known that sooner I would have put more of them in my pond since my one Sioux lily is the only one that is blooming so far. They put out a LOT of pads as well. I've been very pleased with mine so far.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
How often are you fertilizing them?
Well, normally, only once a year (lazy). I repotted them maybe a month and a half ago and fertilized them then. I ordered something from AMAZON because I wanted tablets and couldn’t find anything locally.

This is what I ordered, and it’s a 10-14-8.
C52EF36D-D7C1-4630-BDD7-F50141D8E5AB.jpeg

I really didn’t care too much about blooms as I was more concerned with getting a lot of pads for surface coverage. So, I ended up with both, LOL! Some of those pads are literally dinner plate size — or bigger (10”-12” range). I’ve had this lily from day 1 of the pond (2012) and it’s never put out like this before!

Ask a Question