Xmas now?!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I'm sitting in a PA turnpike rest stop taking a break from the miserable weather and drive home that has gone from a tad under two hrs to about 3.5 hrs.

They are playing nothing but Xmas music. Really? Already? I know it's snowing out but REALLY!

Bah.. humbug!

Craig

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I have no problem with folks decorating early. I don't even mind the store decorations starting to come out. But xmas should be special. By the time xmas rolls around I'm sick of hearing the same xmas songs everywhere I go over and over. Kind of takes the specialness out of it all. One full month should be enough!

Craig

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I know it's crazy but If My wife had her way I think there would be a room devoted to Christmas all year and the really sad thing is I'd let her if I could have a halloween room :razz:.

I knew a couple in colorado, they left decorations up year round, 3 huge artificial christmas trees, I would find it would get old after a while. The spiders would love making webs in the branches.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I normally go all out decorating and bought tons of stuff to put up this year but have decided to take the year off and just enjoy everybody elses hard work. I normally start in early October to get things done and this year should have started in Sept. Oh well, next year! It will seem strange haveing the yard dark.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I'll come back and check it out in a few more weeks. :)

I already got my Xmas present this year. Was just told I'm going to be a granddad In June. :)

Craig

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
congratsblink.gif

babytoy.gif
Craig

I'm gonna be a second time gramma in February
emoticon-cute-001.gif

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Congratulations, j.w. & Craig. You have reached Geezerdom! I've got four grandkids, the oldest already 15! Getting harder all the time to convince people that I'm only 39!!!
John

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks John. Ha,ha I've got ya beat on how long I've been a granny, my other grandchild is 23 so this one has been a long time coming.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
Christmas should be after thanksgiving, not before................
... actually Christmas shoud be celebrated a month before halloween... December 25th is about the time of conception or impregnation of Mary. Jesus was actually born in september. about the 29th..

Ask a Question