YAY!! I can see! I can see!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Just an update...I just put my pond in about a month and a half ago and it's finally starting to clear up! I can see down about 2 feet now. Only a newbie could appreciate my true excitement! lol I took your advice and have just been letting Mother Nature run its course. I also got my waterfall finished. I am now a chemist, mathematician, and making pyramids like an Egyptian. lol

Attachments

• IMG_5565.JPG
    IMG_5565.JPG
    262.3 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_5566.JPG
    IMG_5566.JPG
    290.8 KB · Views: 263
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Congrats! Yes, it is exciting when the water finally clears up. Be sure to get lots of plants next year, like water hyacinths, so your water will clear early and you'll enjoy view all summer.

Btw, I like your pyramid building! Is that a slope going down into the pond on the one end, opposite the waterfall?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Btw, I like your pyramid building! Is that a slope going down into the pond on the one end, opposite the waterfall?

The rocks from the waterfall go right up to the pond edge but not inside it. The other photo it a stair/plant ledge that is also covered with rocks. Those are the only rocks in the pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
looks great, when my new pond cleared after the summer algae and later the addition of a bog filter, we were ecstatic. Now we can now see clear down to the bottom which is over 4 feet. Took over 2 months so we were a bit nervous leading up to it.

Ask a Question