Yet another stupid question

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
yes its safe.. if your speaking of pvc glue i dont glue connections that are inside the filter so dismantling for any reason is easier.

Reaction score
if you are referring specifically to PVC glue that is in the cans, it is fish safe. I'm not sure if you're talking about some other plumbing glue, however?

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Just make sure you let it cure before putting a fitting in the water. Methyline Chloride is a carcingen and may contaminate the water if not allowed to evaporate (cure) first.

Reaction score
Thanks!!! Are there any pics of how to hide the plumbing well as it comes out fo the pond or anything like that? Currently, I am using rubber tubing that is black, so it is not a problem. When I go to pvc, it will be a lot more visible.

Reaction score
you can spray it with black spraypaint that's made for plastic. You can buy that at any local hardware store. You can just stack some rocks on it too if it's on the ground.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
koikeepr said:
you can spray it with black spraypaint that's made for plastic. You can buy that at any local hardware store. You can just stack some rocks on it too if it's on the ground.

KRYLON FUSIONS works great...its the one that chemically bonds at a molecular level!!

Ask a Question