You guys! I got rocks today!!!!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Remember me breaking ground on the backyard pond excavation? In August of 2019? That hole has just been sitting there, growing weeds and confusing deer for two years. I finally saved enough money to go order some rocks and I'm very excited! I got a pallet of medium sized boulders, a pallet of flat field stone, three caged pallets of mixed size river rocks (from about tangerine size to softball size) and a giant bag of pea gravel and a giant bag of egg rock. Today, I'm out pulling weeds and cleaning out the excavation so I can refine it. The rock should be delivered next week. Get ready for me to be on here with all kinds of questions!!!!!:D

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Rock on sista
1632594885138.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Lol me tinks someone might be a we bit excited. Congrads

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wish you were closer i still have left overs and if i dont get rid of them ill be adding on again. Might be time for a bunker

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
We are actually both excited. Doing the pond means that the liners, under and overlay, plumbing, pump and other assorted components will finally get out of the garage and basement. The husband is kind of happy about that! ;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Good luck we will all help out in any way we can

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
It's just going to be me and some manageable sized rocks. Seriously y'all -- it took me this long to save up for all the components and rocks. If I had to save for the equipment, I'd have to wait even longer. I am going to try my best to make something pretty-ish and natural-ish with just my own She-Ra power. (Ha ha.) I am going to have to emphasize the pond-in-a-meadow look over the awesome national park big boulders and rushing water look. (I do love that look, though!) I'm going to start a pond build thread now!!!! :giggle: Be warned: I just pulled weeds from the excavation yesterday and my elbow and arm hurt like a you-know-what. I will either emerge out of this looking ripped and amazing -- or I'll be headed to physical therapy! :ROFLMAO:

Ask a Question