Your Home

Neo

Nick
Reaction score
I like the Idea also, I always wonder if people put this much time into their ponds what the rest of the house/yards look like also. I'll take some pictures later while my house is decked out for our Halloween party.

Reaction score
I'm game, but my yard is a war zone. Im sure most know the story of the shoe maker's kids... he was so busy making everyone else's shoes, that his kids didnt have any? Hubby does landscape/landscape construction/house lifting/tree work, so our yard is always bit by bit with everythng always being a work in progress. Most of the backyard pics are construction pics from this spring forward, but it will give you an idea of the layout and goals... where you see the huge dirt area at the back of the house, that is where the big pond is going next spring... from the pond at the patio (4' above the yard grade) there will be a water fall, that turns to a river, wrapping around the boulders at the slider, leading to the big dirt area... oh, and the wall in the front yard is being changed to the same we are putting in out back... daughter hit it at the steps with her truck, and instead of fixing it, changing it LOL.

Attachments

• afrontyard2.jpg
    afrontyard2.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 252
  • afrontyard4.jpg
    afrontyard4.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 320
  • bed12.jpg
    bed12.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 296
  • bed34.jpg
    bed34.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 279
  • bed37.jpg
    bed37.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 303
  • bed31.jpg
    bed31.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 284
  • bed23CROP.jpg
    bed23CROP.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 326
  • BOG.jpg
    BOG.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 275
  • BOG2.jpg
    BOG2.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 268
  • yard.jpg
    yard.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 267
  • DSCN4705.JPG
    DSCN4705.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 256
Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
I'm game, but my yard is a war zone. Im sure most know the story of the shoe maker's kids... he was so busy making everyone else's shoes, that his kids didnt have any? Hubby does landscape/landscape construction/house lifting/tree work, so our yard is always bit by bit with everythng always being a work in progress. Most of the backyard pics are construction pics from this spring forward, but it will give you an idea of the layout and goals... where you see the huge dirt area at the back of the house, that is where the big pond is going next spring... from the pond at the patio (4' above the yard grade) there will be a water fall, that turns to a river, wrapping around the boulders at the slider, leading to the big dirt area... oh, and the wall in the front yard is being changed to the same we are putting in out back... daughter hit it at the steps with her truck, and instead of fixing it, changing it LOL.

Wow! Beautiful home and property. I'll post ours today.

Reaction score
Thank you! A lot of swet equity. The house was a total rebuild in 2008, and everyone in the house took part in the construction in one form or another. I drew the plans, hubby did all the site work, a friend poured the foundation and then only hired someone to frame it/get it tight to the weather, and we did EVERYTHING from there. Moved in in 2009... 2010 & 2011 were the front yard... this year and next is the backyard:)

Looking forward to seeing everyone else's.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I like the idea, Actually last year one of the members did a tour of the yard that was cool. Got to see others homes and gardens. I enjoy these as you never know what might click a new idea from someone else's yard or home. Capewind, I love what ya'll have done to your home! I first was confused with the sidings then started looking at the elevation and re-read your post. I am now very thankful all my remodeling and add on's were the yard and outside buildings! Look's like ya'll have made a lot of prgress in such a short time! I have start to close to present in my showcase thread below. As soon as the patio is somewhat completed I'll be adding new pics to it and will post a few here.

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
I like the idea, Actually last year one of the members did a tour of the yard that was cool. Got to see others homes and gardens. I enjoy these as you never know what might click a new idea from someone else's yard or home. Capewind, I love what ya'll have done to your home! I first was confused with the sidings then started looking at the elevation and re-read your post. I am now very thankful all my remodeling and add on's were the yard and outside buildings! Look's like ya'll have made a lot of prgress in such a short time! I have start to close to present in my showcase thread below. As soon as the patio is somewhat completed I'll be adding new pics to it and will post a few here.

Love your log home and spacious property. Hammond is such a nice area.

Reaction score
I love going through everyone's pictures more than most would realize. I dont have much of an eye for landscaping (that's all hubby except for when I get him to break some rules) but one of my hobbies is drawing blue prints. I can be driving down the road and see a house I really like something on. It may be a basic house, or something fancy, doesnt matter, it is a line or pitch or ??? that caught my eye, and I'll grab a napkin from the glovebox and draw a quick elevation of what I liked, and then come home and draw a working set of plans that incorporates that feature. House and yard pictures turn me into a kid in a candy store LOL.

Reaction score
I have start to close to present in my showcase thread below. As soon as the patio is somewhat completed I'll be adding new pics to it and will post a few here.

Cant wait to see it! Such a beautiful setting, and all that open area is a blank canvas to do whatever you can imagine!

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Love your log home and spacious property. Hammond is such a nice area.
Thank you, We do like Hammond, been in the area for about 10 years now and we do enjoy it. Close to big city, in a small township setting but out in the country. Doesn't get much better, unless we were in the mountains! :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Live in rural area so just a simple ranch home.Over 8 years of work and started with nothing but the house

Attachments

• house 2011 spring 042.JPG
    house 2011 spring 042.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 267
  • house 2011 spring 052.JPG
    house 2011 spring 052.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 322
  • house 2011 spring 029.JPG
    house 2011 spring 029.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 286
  • house 2011 spring 046.JPG
    house 2011 spring 046.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 281
  • house 2011 spring 055.JPG
    house 2011 spring 055.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 232
  • house 2011 spring 049.JPG
    house 2011 spring 049.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 231
  • 2012 house 002.JPG
    2012 house 002.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 213
  • 2012 house 041.JPG
    2012 house 041.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 256
  • 2012 house 009.JPG
    2012 house 009.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 244
  • 2012 house 042.JPG
    2012 house 042.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 248
Reaction score
Live in rural area so just a simple ranch home.Over 8 years of work and started with nothing but the house

LOVE that farmers porch, and you werent kidding that the yard started with nothing. Doing a beautiful job, and just wait til those trees start to grow as well. Also love all the little people;-)

Ask a Question