youtube upload problems...help?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
o.k...obviously i know how to upload videos to youtube i've got 40 or so on my channel. but the last couple months they loaded all messed up. i'm posting one i loaded today..and its not near as bad as some. all of which i deleted. i reported the problem to google, no response! i tried opening a new (2nd) account with a new username, same thing.. a new camera, same thing...different computer, same thing... theyre fine on my computer, photobucket, and theyre fine on facebook...whats the problem? anyone have any thoughts?.. all other videos are fine on my channel.....heres the video

Reaction score
That's an odd one for sure, I have never had a problem like that before.
One thing I would try is loading the videos to a video editor like say "Windows movie Maker" and render them to another format like .wmv then try uploading them to youtube.
All video files have extra data encoded along with the actual video data. My guess is somehow that extra data is getting synchronized in with the video data incorrectly on youtube's end. Strange though, as youtube handles lots of different video formats, they are usually pretty good at converting videos. Nor does it explain why your older videos were fine but the newer ones are screwed up. Again probably some change to the software on their side.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
The videos are in AVI format...definately compatable with youtube....may try another format. but that seems likely not the problem. gonna walk now will try late..

Reaction score
Hope you enjoyed your walk.

Actually the avi format takes many different forms, it has changed over the years. Whenever I have had trouble playing or editing particular videos they inevitably have an avi extension. If you read this wiki link, especially the part about the meta data and limitations you'll understand why. Quote "Since its introduction in the early 90s, new computer video techniques have been introduced which the original AVI specification did not anticipate:"

Still I'm surprised youtube isn't able to render it correctly.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
its the same format i've used for years now on youtube. 3 different cameras all worked til 2 months ago. i dont get it!....got in 3 miles tho... oh well l.ets see what happens.....

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
Heres the same video reformatted to mjpeg...had to download a convertor to do it. my windows and real player conertors both showed errors in mp4, WMV and WMI. I think i may have inadvertantly deleted parts of their operating systems... they would only allow 3pg and realplay converting. 3pg moves up and down in viewing window and realplay is about 1/4 sized...anyways lets see how this worked.....

Ask a Question