Yup! Got a female

kougs

kougs
Reaction score
Well how about that. Saturday looking out the window to the pond (6:30am) water was splashing all over. Went out to see if there may be a predator in the pond come to find out 4 and at time 5 of the males where chasing a female. Immedidately place the home made mop in the pond and she took right to it. Along with other areas. Lots and Lots of eggs everywhere. Indeed was a feeding frenzy. We'll see if any survived the onslot. Check the pond the next day to check the ole gals condition. She looks to be doing fine but lots of scraps on her body. Will it scar, or will it heal?

I will keep all posted on any survivors. Oh, from what I've read only 4 to 7 days to hatch? Man, that's amazing.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Neat kougs and hope you can save some of them :goldfish: :goldfish: :goldfish:

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
With the warm weather your looking at 3 or 4 days till hatch

kougs

kougs
Reaction score
The eggs look to be ok. But I'm no expert. At least they are not white

Attachments

• IMG_20120710_190128.jpg
    IMG_20120710_190128.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 325
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
The female can scar, depending on the extent of her injuries. Last year my oldest comet female got herself wedged up between some rocks during spawning, then had all the males pushing her in deeper and wouldn't let her escape. She was completely orange, but the incident scraped most of her scales off one side. She's healed up and still doing fine this year, however half of the injured side is completely white now, although the scales did grow back in.

Julia

My pond w/ tong,buyog,snow,skai,bubbles&ela
Reaction score
HI kougs. Even if they do hatch theyd still be eaten. Its a never ending feeding time! Its quite tragic.

Ask a Question