Zeolite rechargin

Reaction score
Ive cleaned all filters out, they were very mucky even though they where brand new filters installed in feb. I have replaced the zeolite as well, on the packet it said to recharge add 4 table spoons of salt to 1 gallon of water, does this sound right ?? It does'nt sound like a lot of salt ?? How long do you leave it soaking? Im only using 3kgs of zeolite.

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Ive cleaned all filters out, they were very mucky even though they where brand new filters installed in feb. I have replaced the zeolite as well, on the packet it said to recharge add 4 table spoons of salt to 1 gallon of water, does this sound right ?? It does'nt sound like a lot of salt ?? How long do you leave it soaking? Im only using 3kgs of zeolite.

Personally, I would go 7 ounces (or 14 tablespoons) of salt to 1 gallon. Higher the better, just don't want to aim too low. You want to ensure you give the zeolite best charge possible.

I did a little write up about Zeolite... Check out post#10 of the ammonia question thread.

You also do not have to use any specially salt. Save your money and just use basic salt... Check out the thread what kind of salt?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Personally, I would go 7 ounces (or 14 tablespoons) of salt to 1 gallon. Higher the better, just don't want to aim too low. You want to ensure you give the zeolite best charge possible.

I did a little write up about Zeolite... Check out post#10 of the ammonia question thread.

You also do not have to use any specially salt. Save your money and just use basic salt... Check out the thread what kind of salt?

We use two scaks of zeolite in our filtration system one charged and waiting to go in the filter the other in the filter we use about half a mug of salt to charge our rocks up , save some money go to your local store and buy cooking salt its one hell of alot cheaper than using Aquatic salt , however do not use table salt ., we normally buy about 4kg in at one time then store it in a former koi food container tht you can seal to keep out moisture.

Dave
@crsublette nice to see you back Charles we hope youve been keeping well and that all is well ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Yep yep, all is well, incredibly busy, and moving like a jack rabbit. :woot:
Not been well myself Charles I've devloped a heart problem which though it was caught in it second month is still a problem with even more tablets to take though hopefully we'll be able to right this with the tablets I've been given, otherwise they will have to stop then re-start it again

Dave

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Not been well myself Charles I've devloped a heart problem which though it was caught in it second month is still a problem with even more tablets to take though hopefully we'll be able to right this with the tablets I've been given, otherwise they will have to stop then re-start it again

Dave

Hate hearing that... At least you are still healthy enough to watch your fish and the water works to give you a sense of peace. Even though maybe incredibly tough to do at times, positive thoughts and peace helps much in giving energy and healing. Hoping the best for ya Dave. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Dave
Hate hearing that... At least you are still healthy enough to watch your fish and the water works to give you a sense of peace. Even though maybe incredibly tough to do at times, positive thoughts and peace helps much in giving energy and healing. Hoping the best for ya Dave. :)
Thanx Charles to tell you the truth its Val who is panicing at the moment I'm strangely calm abot the whole thing , however Va;l's Dad died of a heart attack on his way to work as Superintendant of Western Mill Cemetary at around my age , so I can see where shes coming from here .
We have had a fantastic start to the spring and under the covers the pond is at 14.8c allowing us to take them off during the day time , the koi are looking fantastic just one with koi pox which should soon disapear
Again many thanx my friend fingers crossed the tablets do the work otherwise they will have to stop the re-start my heart :(
Not so sure about that but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it :cool

Dave

Ask a Question