1000 gallon garden pond

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
So I had some time yesterday and decided I wanted to get some pictures of the fish. Ha - I must have taken 100 pictures and only a few are worth anything. I don't know how some of you guys get such gorgeous pictures of your fish.

all (1).JPG

Here is my 11 year old goldfish.
GF - orange male 11 yrs old (1).JPG

Here is one of the babies born in the pond. I believe he is 9 years old.
GF - orange male long tail (1).JPG

And here are two hungry koi!
koi - peachy and lemon (3).JPG

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I use a polarizing lens and if I really want decent pictures I turn the pump off,

Great shots

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Well, I jinxed myself. Six years with no babies - fish and frogs always took care of them. Well this year there was a lot of spawning going on and I have found at least a dozen babies in the pond (and those are the ones I see). I really don't have room in the pond for more fish, so I went fishing..... stick is attached to a line that is attached to a minnow basket. So far it has caught nine babies and I have found homes for them on craigslist. I am thinking I will need to find homes for my three females. They get pretty banged up during spawning, and it will prevent more babies.

2016-7-20 fishing for babies.JPG

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
So sad. All the flowers are cut back (except the mums) and the heavier net put on the pond, Here is the last picture before I started fall clean-up. It seems like it was just spring a few weeks ago.
2016-9-9 kitchen.JPG

Ask a Question