Creeping Jenny

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can creeping jenny exist on the edge of the pond, like 2 inches of water?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I have it in various places, doing various things. I've had a lot of success planting it just at the water's edge. It creeps out into the pond and puts out roots. I have one that has also made its way right into the turbulent water at the base of my waterfall. It seems very happy, rooted into the moss and sucking up all the gunk that collects there. The plants that I tried planting directly into the water were not as happy. But strangely enough, a little piece floated loose and landed at the edge of the top shelf, in about an inch and a half of water. That one is growing like crazy!!!! Go figure!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I stuffed some in between some rocks a couple of years back and it's even growing on top of the water! It slows down over winter, but it never loses all it's leaves. I had to give it a haircut already this spring :)
20240415_115258(0)-EDIT.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Creeping jenny is a very hardy and beautiful plant. It is invasive as it will spread and spread everywhere. I have it sitting in 8 inch deep pool in the bog, i have it between the rocks and it grows out into the soil with no standing or flowing water what so ever. Turns red in the fall and yellow in the spring and stays yellow until freezing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Creeping jenny is a survivor. I've had some of it end up in the bog, clinging off grass and iris and it's green as ever.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Better than creeping Charlie, nothing stops it
don't i know it, very easy to pull but leave one Sprague of a root behind and it will be back. And does it grow fast. beautiful when it flowers but it quickly becomes a love hate relationship

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I let mine grow where it wants, in 10 years it has not even spread out into the grass. Have it here and there near the pond, in the bog, in the water.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I let mine grow where it wants, in 10 years it has not even spread out into the grass. Have it here and there near the pond, in the bog, in the water.
Oh mine has where I do not fertilize the creeping Charlie rules. When cut it takes on a Dwarf state stays low and small leaves

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
don't i know it, very easy to pull but leave one Sprague of a root behind and it will be back. And does it grow fast. beautiful when it flowers but it quickly becomes a love hate relationship
Great food for bees, but it overwhelms other plants. Buries them in vines.

Ask a Question