Grey Orfe Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in the UK I have a blue orfe lve had it for 2 years now without any problems, ( we have emptied our pond of deep sludge, and refilled it with water) which l have added 2 sachets for pond problems we also done a strip water test which shows our tap water has hardness which was included in the 2 sachets l put in the pond. I have noticed the grey orfe has a patch on its back what looks like a green algae growing then over the weekend it disappeared showing that some of the scales missing underneath, l added some stuff for parasites then added it to the pond water over the weekend now today the green algae looking patch is growing again don't think the fish is eating now. What can l buy to stop this happening please can l have advice on this problem.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
2kittywelcome.gif
@Annie lass
I'll leave fish disease diagnosis for someone else but I do know that putting medication in a pond w/o knowing what is wrong can just make things worse. Maybe put up some photos of the fish, size of pond and tell us what equipment and type of meds you have added etc.
The more you add here about everything the better.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Could be SAP, Saplrolegnia, a fungus. You can look it up online. It can trap algae and look like green fuzz growing on the fish. Often, an injury, like those missing scales, can get a fungus infection in the bare skin.

What exactly did you put in the pond?

Do you have liquid water tests? If so, please post the results of your tests.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could be SAP, Saplrolegnia, a fungus. You can look it up online. It can trap algae and look like green fuzz growing on the fish. Often, an injury, like those missing scales, can get a fungus infection in the bare skin.

What exactly did you put in the pond?

Do you have liquid water tests? If so, please post the results of your tests.
Anti parasite by blagdons

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
There are topicle cremes that you can use what they are called is outside my knowledge. Very much LIKE Neosporin.

Ask a Question