Just noticed 3 babies

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just saw 3 babies in my pond yesterday. One had a little color and 2 looked like tadpoles. Infact i thought they were until I noticed the third with color. However i went to see them today, and cant seem to find them. Is it possible that the others ate them. This is my first round if babies.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
b house welcome.gif
@lynnettebates
The little ones are very good at hiding, only time will tell. Are they koi or goldfish? How big were they? Usually goldfish won't eat them after a certain size. Not sure about koi.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If you see three there is probably double that

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
If you can see them, they're past the stage where the other fish will eat them. They do find lots of hiding spots though, so don't be surprised if you see lots more eventually!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A and 7B
Country
United States
I just saw 3 babies in my pond yesterday. One had a little color and 2 looked like tadpoles. Infact i thought they were until I noticed the third with color. However i went to see them today, and cant seem to find them. Is it possible that the others ate them. This is my first round if babies.

that is exciting ... hope they reappear.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
OH Newbies , we all got excited with out first baby/ ies . like any mother with their first experience in birth and the first child. if a friend or relative came around and sneazed you turn the child away as fast as you could covering their little face making sure they didn't catch a sniffle.
Fast forward to kid 3 and ANYONE asks to see the child and it doesn't matter if their nose is running eyes are all puffed out . Mom say's keep them as long as you like.
much like our ponds it's all good untill there 303 babies swimming around

Ask a Question