What's going on with my fish? Parasites? Fungal/Bacterial?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys, I've got some fish with a red infected scale on each. I've got some red fins on white fish. I've got some scales turning silver on several fish. White fishes red veins are out, more than usual. I've scraped and scoped a couple of fish but I don't know if I see anything. Check out these videos I made of the scopes. I'd love to be illuminated.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Your fish do not have arms or the ability to grab a blanket etc, Just because they may be seen flashing, all too many times we jump right to the assumption they have parasites. When all too often its a water quality issue. is your ph is low thats like an acidic bath one the fish only know is uncomfortable and may try to rub it off. Same with other imbalances.

All too often its poor filtration and maintenance that is the cause of flashing

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Are you still getting ammonia readings? Could you please post your current water test results. Since water quality is usually the cause of most problems, it's the first thing that should be checked and corrected.

Reaction score
Country
United States
All of the readings came back good but I agree it's water quality so I did a large water change and cleaned the filters, removed the logs, rocks, plants, etc. Now it's just fish in their pool with aeration and filter. Treated with melafix, proform C and dimillin.

Reaction score
Country
United States
You really should be careful with adding all those medications. If it is a water quality problem, you only need to fix the water and the fish will heal themselves. No amount of medicine will help if the fish live in toxic water.
Would poor water quality cause the issues I'm having?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
No need to salt the pool. Just fix the water. Always fix the water first.

If you want to treat with salt, do a salt dip with each fish that has a problem, not the whole herd. But you have fresh water fish and they don't need to live in salty water.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
salt attacks a fresh water fish and the fishes immune system fights back by increasing the slime on their body. Thus hopping to evict parasites or fungus. But guess what else does the same job? HEALTHY FILTER SYSTEM ONE THAT helps the fish just be a fish. the better the health of the pond the better the fish will be

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You have a second temp pond why are you not using that? if i remember you wanted a bead filter buy that and hook it up to one or both of the temp ponds. Your a good Stewart observing the fish and conditions. are you converting the pool? whats the end game?

Ask a Question