addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Just tell him you found it dead, don't say where, and you didn't want to upset him, so you buried it a while ago.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I can't cause this one was quite big like one pound or so, they only have babies at the pet store. I'll tell him the "stork" must have taken it, and if he questions I'll play along and tell him "boy it's strange!" "he just vanished into thin water!" He might not notice for a while, so I will have time to plan out my lies.... He is so darn attached to them, he fed them dog food too and grew them from half an inch to eight inches, poor thing, I'll try to be gentle.... :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Colleen you made a mistake. i'm sure he has too. I don't think lying is necessary, but that's me. Mark Twain once said that if don't lie then you don't have to remember anything. I like that. It makes things easier. Re: The babies. I have had only two in 4 years. I'm sure much of them get eaten,destroyed, etc, but that is natural. It makes me appreciate the two that made it a lot more!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
In reality I'm not very good at lying, I can't seem to keep a straight face, he always knows, even when I try to lie, after 22 years he knows me too well. I always end up "confessing" my crimes and he still loves me, that's just the way it is, the truth always comes out... :) :) :)

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Oh, come on, Just tell him a spaceship landed in the back yard, two tittle green men got out, went to the pond, and teleported the fish back to the spaceship. They took off real fast, despite your best efforts to stop them, and you just KNEW he wouldn't believe that, so you figured it was better not to say anything at all! He'll believe you, we men are REALLY gullible!!! :wink:
John

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Ha ha ha ha HA HA HA HA ha ha ha.......... that's a good one, I tell him that for sure.... you never know, could have also been the lizard people too... they can shape shift, and just maybe they shifted into the pond as another "tin foil barb" and ran away with the other! That's what I tell him!!! :)

Ask a Question