Algae bloom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys I’m new to this forum. look for some advice
I’m getting an algae bloom during the day, which disappears over night and reappears during the day, I would be ver grateful for any advice. than in advance

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
hellofrog5.gif
and welcome @Rick H
Need more info, size of pond, filter, plants, fish etc? Plants really help get rid of algae and keep it at bay. What kind of algae, tiny floating surface or long stringy stuff?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Pond size approximately 3000l filter 5000l spin. plants floating oxygenating, and lily’, floating algae disperses when disturbed and regroups if left

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Pond size approximately 3000l filter 5000l spin. plants floating oxygenating, and lily’, floating algae disperses when disturbed and regroups if left
So that's about 792 gallons here in the U.S. I think a skimmer would do you well!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I think there is a type of algae that floats during the day and sinks at night....it has something to do with sunlight, temperature and O2. Hmmmmmm, can't remember the name of it but I had it one year and it went away.

Ask a Question