Barley! Does it really work?

Reaction score
i personally don't agree with that statement. I get green water early in the season. My plants are not yet sprouting, because I live in a cooler climate than CA....my lily's just started with little tiny leaves this week and my local landscape shops are not selling hyacinth or anything for another week or two.

UV is the only thing that sends away the green.

Reaction score
I strated Barley extract treatments about 6 weeks ago. I can tell you that it has definitely helped. My plants have yet to get going as it has been pretty chilly. My lillies are just now showing signs of sending pads up. The algae bloom has been kept in check by using the barley extract. I can always tell when it is time to add more as the suspended algae starts to increase.

Reaction score
Well Quantum, 6 weeks is about the normal time it would take a pond to cycle up and build a decent bacteria load to keep things in balance. My gut tells me it's more than the barley.

Reaction score
I would agree with you if it was not for the fact that if I do not continue the treatments the algae begins to increase. I then add the doseage and within 24-48 hrs you can deifinitely notice a difference. I guess it is one of those subjects that many will have their own opinion on. Similar to the UV light.

Ask a Question