Building pond in Israel by a Granny!

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Amazing how far you have come in a year. The pond looks great!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well, it's been almost exactly one year since the pond was first filled. Can we call that a "Pondiversary"?

My bog filter is still not finished, though I finally got the feather wedges I need to break up the remaining rock that's impeding my progress.

Meanwhile, I decided to try my hand at making a video of the pond. Not sure how well this came out, but it's a start!

Stunning Ms. Yashar yeah done knocked it out of the park. I can't get over how tall those blue iris are.
I love that one koi you have blue and white or black hard to tell.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Well, it's been almost exactly one year since the pond was first filled. Can we call that a "Pondiversary"?

My bog filter is still not finished, though I finally got the feather wedges I need to break up the remaining rock that's impeding my progress.

Meanwhile, I decided to try my hand at making a video of the pond. Not sure how well this came out, but it's a start!

Great video YShahar! I see that there is nothing that you cannot do!

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Great video YShahar! I see that there is nothing that you cannot do!

Indeed there is: I can't fill out forms to save my life!

Stunning Ms. Yashar yeah done knocked it out of the park. I can't get over how tall those blue iris are.
I love that one koi you have blue and white or black hard to tell.

Thank you sir! Some of those irises were taller than I am (not that that's saying much).

That koi, by the name of Pepper, is black and white. We were told by two online experts that he's a Komonryu, but he hasn't shown any tendency to change color, so I'm not sure about that. So far, he's our only koi, but we may well get a couple more once the wetland is up and running.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Indeed there is: I can't fill out forms to save my life!

Thank you sir! Some of those irises were taller than I am (not that that's saying much).

That koi, by the name of Pepper, is black and white. We were told by two online experts that he's a Komonryu, but he hasn't shown any tendency to change color, so I'm not sure about that. So far, he's our only koi, but we may well get a couple more once the wetland is up and running.
Your wise to wait on the wetland before loading up. Showa are the only WILL change on yeah fish for the most part the others are a. 50 50 shot

YShahar

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
While I figure out what to do about the big rock that's preventing me from lining the bog, I decided to work on the next bit of the stream. Still a work in progress, but I've finally got the second cascade looking more or less the way I want it to. Here's a photo from this morning.

Stream-rebuild_28July23_web.jpg

That hose on the left will eventually connect o the bog plumbing. Up until this recent rebuild, I had it hidden under the stones of the stream. Figured if I was already tearing everything up, I might as well get it out and ready to move. The mess of vegetation in the upper pool is also destined for the bog. It consists of bits and pieces from thinning the plants elsewhere around the pond, plus an alocosia that someone brought me.

And just for the fun of it, I tried an underwater shot with my new(!) phone today.

Colors are a bit off and the water is filthy from all the stream work, but I'll try again after things have settled down a bit.

YShahar

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
@YShahar you should look into a rock drill . Then you can use malls to split the boulder and or expansion foam
Well, I've got feather wedges, but yeah, my regular hammer drill is making very hard going of it.

YShahar

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
You've done such a nice job of placing all that rock!
Thank you! Still need to finish up the back part of the stream where it joins the bog. But first, I need to conquer that last big rock that's keeping me from lining the bog.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Seeing how you work, you will win over the rock!

Ask a Question