Cl2 level In pond

Reaction score
Country
United States
I followed the instructions and used the water conditioner when adding water to our pond. The test strip is still showing 0.8 range. Which is in the “water change range” on the strip. How can I bring this down? I thought the water conditioner would of fixed the issue.
F708523A-583A-477C-8C3D-6048EF786627.jpeg

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum! How much water was added? Filled the whole pond or a partial change? Fish? Sometimes you can get inaccurate reading from tests. Water conditioner should have knocked it out if it had a chance to circulate.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum! How much water was added? Filled the whole pond or a partial change? Fish? Sometimes you can get inaccurate reading from tests. Water conditioner should have knocked it out if it had a chance to circulate.
Thank you. It was very low so I added about 80% new water. No fish currently but I wanted to add some. The pond came with the house and the original owner took her goldfish with her to her new place. I just want to make sure the water is okay first. I don’t know a lot about ponds. Ive never had one before so slowly learning. It’s been about 24 hours since I added the water conditioner.

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Volume of pond? Filter type? Any aeration and water circulation will help dissipate chlorine naturally even without using water conditioner. What type of water conditioner, newly purchased? Added the recommended amount for the volume of new water? If that test is accurate, I would expect the chlorine to gone within another day or so but I am suspicious since you used the conditioner.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Welcome characters.gif
@Bkraus
Maybe just be patient and it will come down on it's own.

Ask a Question