cloudy water

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
New Jersey zone 4
Country
United States
Some what the pump goes inside this box which my pump was just a little big for it to close the top. But yea something like that lol

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Do you like the waterfall feature or would you do something like the pot (smaller scale maybe) like I have?
I only ask because what I had to deal with until I had enough plant growth to take up the extra fines (tiny stuff that feeds algae and makes the water murky) was a fine filter like the batting cloth. If you wanted to set up an upflow pot, you would still have the sound of splashing water but then could put in the quilt batting as needed to clear the pond.
I use a small pump and a few feet of tubing to set mine up.
The other, less attractive but temporary option would be to use a bucket the same way.
The only thing I haven't asked is how long have you had your pond set up with the new water in it? It may just need time to settle and cycle.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
New Jersey zone 4
Country
United States
I'm gonna say with the new water probably abouta mont it's not bad since I got the uv clarifier light it's just a little cloudy. I do like the pot ideas but I think it's going to confuse me with all the stuf that's in the pond. Cause I have 1 pump that's just for the waterfall and my new pump I got from pondmaster cause the small one I had was not making enough circulation for the fish so now I have 2 and the one in my filter goes to my uv clarifier light and and the end of the uv clarifier I have another hose tha I use kinda for another water fall

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
New Jersey zone 4
Country
United States
I'm sure there's better ways of connecting this stuff but I don't know it. Have to take pictures when I get home

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Yes post some pictures. And a month is super new for a pond. Mine took months to cycle through and settle so don't worry too much.
I'm usually offline on weekends but there's plenty of other people to help, otherwise I'll look for your post come Monday.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a ish!
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, not quite sure on your setup so forgive me if I'm asking/stating the obvious! Ok so you have a uv clarifier....but does the water that goes through/past the clarifier then go into a filter of some kind? It needs to be filtered after the uv Rays have clumped the algae together in large enough particles for the media in the filter to seive it out. Partly blocked filters work better than brand spanking clean ones so again, it all takes time to start to work. Also the pimp needs to be matched to the filter in order for the water not to flow past the uv too quickly else the clumping process won't be as efficient. Hope this is of some help:)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I always have use more than one pump ,this way if 1 goes out you have back up .I have one pump for each filter and 1 pump just for the u.v.'s when they are running

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I have a feeling you'll be right back where you started from once you add life to your pond. The pond cycle needs more than just water to happen.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I didn't mean for that to sound critical - I just don't want to see you back here feeling down because your pond is no longer clear. Expect the best and prepare for the worst!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
New Jersey zone 4
Country
United States
Thanks Lisk1 I just don't know if I'm going to buy plants yet because winter is right around the corner and I don't want to waste money but what a difference when you have a uv light what a difference love everyone on here.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
New Jersey zone 4
Country
United States
Now I just have to work on a filter system because the one I have is underwater and it's small and the pump that I put in it was just a tab big so the lid on the filter really don't close all the way lol

Ask a Question