Colorado Springs Ponder

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've had my pond for about 10 years but recently moved, gave all my koi away, and am now back and starting over. This was a heart break to see my 2'+ butterfly koi leave my pond. Now I have little 7" guys who look so tiny in the big pond. I can view my pond from above off my deck. It's sad to be starting over again.

I dug my pond myself when we bought this property many years ago. My husband did help a few years back when I decided I wanted to try and build up the far side for a more level area around the pond. I'm not so good with a level. I'm proud of my ability to dig out and haul away so much soil. I love the pond and it's my favorite part of the home. To be starting again with small fish is a bit heart breaking. I know the koi will grow so I just have to be patient. This time though I was able to hand pick each koi and I like the current variety.

Colorado Springs has annual pond tours so at least I get a chance to go around and see what others in the area have done. The best koi shop though is in Denver and it's not my favorite drive. If there are any other Colorado Springers on this forum, please say Hi. I'm West and a street N of the Powers and Constitution area.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome and hope you learn enough on here to be one of the pond tour houses .

Ask a Question