corruged hose

SE18

David V
Reaction score
is it too late to post a winter topic?

I'm installing 1.5" corrugated hose, 50'. The hose runs up and down. My fear is that water settling in the "trap" would break the hose due to freezing. Water expands 9% and unsure if the hose would expand as well or crack.

I'm guessing that a solution would be to get out my huge shopvac, flip the hose around the "blow" and blow the water out at the end of fall, as I won't be running water thru the hose in winter.

Anyone with experience about these things?

Appreciate!!!

DaveV

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
depends on how heavy it is and how bad your winter will be .I have been using a sump pump hose but I protect it with the pipe wrap just in case .This way I figure it will keep it from freezing and keep animals from chewing through it .Also you may want to make sure no one steps on it .I had the hose for ponds but it cracked in several places after not even a year

I thought this hose was supposed to be good and cost almost 26 dollars and this is what I got .

SE18

David V
Reaction score
OK, thanks. I'll try and provide a report on how it went this time next year.

Isn't it funny what some animals do for a chew treat

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I used pvc but like yours it goes up - down- and back up, so I have a low spot in the pipe. I was able to install a T and put a Ball valve on it to be able to drain that part of the pipe.

SE18

David V
Reaction score
Harder to do with corrugation. Good thinking on the T and ball valve! I think blowing out the line would work too and of course sealing off the top for winter (baggy and rubber band)

Ask a Question