DIY Concrete pond questions

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I might have gone a little over board and decided to change from using a liner to going full concrete, I’m not sure on how exactly I’m gonna do it yet but I have a pretty solid idea, my plan is to use normal quikcrete and seal it with waterproof mortar because I don’t want to spend an astronomical amount on the concrete pond sealers. I’m mostly worried if it’s going to throw off the ph balance when it’s all done I don’t want to bring any harm to the turtles or fish and just need a second opinion on what to do. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome! Not something I can give advice about (I use a liner), but there are members on here who can guide you. Concrete scares me…..I have nightmares of cracks that can’t be easily fixed. PH issues can be countered.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It will for a while it varies on what you use. Some age and water changes will be required but after that they work just fine

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
spray.gif
@Codyhoward

Ask a Question