Floating Algae returns..

Reaction score
Country
United States
Assuming the algae is rising from smooth surfaces when it becomes more buoyant with photosynthesis, introducing hornwort in those areas will stop it rising and help bump it off. It exudes stuff which suppresses algae
Thank you, I will try to find some.

ashirley

Annie in SC
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
I add equal parts of calcium chloride and Epsom salts to mine to raise the kH and it works well. The kH in my well water is almost nonexistent. I am in SC also and hate that we cannot get water hyacinth. I need some floating plants but there are not many other options.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Green pond algae water is my problem in my pond too. I hate it and all I can do is clean as I go. I really haven't paid much attention to the chemical levels - maybe I should be now. Best of luck CharlettSC.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@GoPond2018 - tell us more about your pond set up. A well balanced pond may go green every spring, but it should clear itself up relatively quickly. Too many fish, too few plants, and overfeeding can all lead to green water.

Reaction score
Country
United States
@Lisak1 thanks for pointing those tips out. I think I may have to post a separate thread about my pond setup to get feedback from you all. I'll try to include some videos and pictures.

Ask a Question