Frogs Only Please.....

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
pic says it all....
268736_249062041774206_3687133_n.jpg
lol

Reaction score
Mucky Waters....love the videos. They sure do scramble to get it all in their mouths, don't they? :biggrin:

Addy, what an adorable toad! Looks like it is looking out on the Gr8 Big World, trying to decide what to do, from his lotus leaf! ;)

:goldfish:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
MW what a cool video! At first I was wondering how that one frog could eat all those worms at once but now see you have more. They really have to work to eat. If I had to eat like that I'd lose weight no problem! I see you rinsed your finger off after petting him.............don't want any warts..........your mama taught you good :razz:

Addy a cute tiny toad like that would not be a problem I'm thinkin, in eating any fish!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is living with a ton of baby rosey reds, all different sizes. It looks like a spot of dirt until you get close and take a good look.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Do you just have the one addy?

No a ton of them, the others were on leaves further out in the tub, hard to reach and do a photo. I also have seen a bunch of tiny toads hopping around on the ground, bigger than this one, maybe 1/4 inch or so.

Reaction score
Well, much to my surprise, I "caught" Bully using one of my floats! :) I used a section of those infamous pool noodles to float a section of an old harvest gold Rubbermaid spice rack. It has been in the pond for quite a few weeks and this is what I found when I went out to the pond this morning :LOL: He looked like he was in a trance because he has never let me get so close to him w/o hopping into the water. Got some good shots, but wish I had a more sophisticated camera. ;) I think the temps got to him and he decided to float a bit. Our Green Frog has been in a flower float a number of times, but this is the first time seeing Bully floating on something. :goldfish:

Attachments

• DSCF5423.JPG
    DSCF5423.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 320
  • DSCF5421.JPG
    DSCF5421.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 260
Reaction score
Here is C2 floating a few weeks ago. She has since left the pond :( I do hope she returns. :goldfish:

Attachments

• DSCF5394.JPG
    DSCF5394.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 267
  • DSCF0053.JPG
    DSCF0053.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 278
  • DSCF5318.JPG
    DSCF5318.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 283
Reaction score
Well, looking closer @ C2, I am not so sure it is a female.....may be a male! Or maybe we have had a couple of Green Frogs visiting our pond! ;) It was quite funny last season B4 DH put together the filter system. I was in the kitchen facing the pond and the pier to the pond. I thought I saw, quite possibly a bird hopping down the pier to the top rail of the pool/pond but it did not look like a bird. I quickly called DH and by the time he got upstairs, it was no where in sight, I told him to go out to the end of the pier and check around that end...sure enough, when he got to the pool end of the pier, in jumped the Green Frog! That was what I had seen hopping down the pier. :LOL: DH had made the pier for me to use when the pool was a pool...much easier on my knees to enter and exit the pool. It was pretty cool to see that "bird"frog make use of the pier to get to the pond! ;) We also bought meal worms the season before that and fed them to our female Green Frog we named Clausen. That is why I thought C2 was possibly her returning. Hmmmmmmm :question: :goldfish:

Ask a Question