help identify fish

Reaction score
Last fall I wanted to take all of my goldfish out of my pond and have an all koi pond. Today I was out by my pond and noticed a little white fish swimming around(about an inch and a half). It was born this past year and this will be its first full summer. Also, I found a brown baby (which I think is a goldy). I was able to get the white fish out and examine it closer to see if it was a koi. It did not have the barbels like all koi do, but it had a tint of orange and a black spot on its back. I had a white and orange koi last year before it died, right before winter, and also I have a black and orange koi. Do the barbels grow later in life? Does anyone think this could be koi?

I have tried to upload a video(hope it works) so you can at least see the fish. It is not very big and the video might not be that good.

Reaction score
sorry it would not allow a video and for some reason it will not allow me to attach picture. I will try again later.

Attachments

• Snapshot 1 (3-13-2012 10-53 AM).png
    Snapshot 1 (3-13-2012 10-53 AM).png
    27.8 KB · Views: 295
  • Snapshot 1 (3-13-2012 10-53 AM).png
    Snapshot 1 (3-13-2012 10-53 AM).png
    27.8 KB · Views: 269

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hard to tell, you may need to wait until it is bigger and see if grows barbels.

Ask a Question