Help needed rpe liner

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all,

I started this swimming pond build a year and a half ago. It is roughly 40'x60' with two filters and an intake bay. I went with the 30 mil rpe liner and most of the rocks and infrastructure are in place. I found leak which i traced to one of the filter areas and while trying to remove rocks with the excavator I made the issue worse. Also in this area the liner is seamed from the factory. To compound this, while attempting to just move the issue above water level and refil i think i stretched the liner with water pressure.. Sooo I have tried every glue, caulk, epoxy, and seal tape known to man. The only thing i've found to work remotely well is the butyl tape or the flex seal liquid you paint on.

I have still yet to really solve the leak issue so i'm at the point of removing a bunch of rock to the factory seal and trying to seal a new liner onto it. I've spent hours with the heat gun and have made good seals and bad ones. It's just not feasible to do a long run. I've practiced countless times on my kitchen counter with about 50% success so that is out for me.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to seal on an hdpe liner to the rpre liner. I know very little sticks to rpe but wondering if anyone has ever tried? ( my thoughts are the hdpe is more flexible, this area has lots of changes, and at least one of the liners will have more sticking power??)

Does anyone here have or know of someone with one of those sealing machines that you can use in the field to seam two rpe liners?

I really can't handle the idea of removing the tons and tons of rock to replace the liner.

Other ideas??

Attachments

• IMG_7723.jpeg
    IMG_7723.jpeg
    403 KB · Views: 16
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Try epdm primer and single a double sided seam tape. To go with that if you compromised the weave I would glue on a new piece from where it does not looked stretched and see what you can do . Epdm is rubber not much sticks to rubber so I'd give thT a shot. And you can seam the seam making it almost impossible to fail
Go to the form construction equipment there you'll find at the top a post on how to seem

Reaction score
Country
United States
Try epdm primer and single a double sided seam tape. To go with that if you compromised the weave I would glue on a new piece from where it does not looked stretched and see what you can do . Epdm is rubber not much sticks to rubber so I'd give thT a shot. And you can seam the seam making it almost impossible to fail
Go to the form construction equipment there you'll find at the top a post on how to seem
Thank you. I do plan to take it back to where i know the liner is sound. Not sure what you meant by thT??

I'll look for the seaming post.

Ask a Question