I hope this is the proper place for this question.............

Reaction score
I see two issues you'll need to deal with.
One is will there be a way to hook up those nozzles to your gargoyles? Generally those spitter things come with their own outlet nozzles built it. Sometimes they may have a "jet" type nozzle, but very often it is simply a straight pipe.
The other issue is the rated head of the pump. Some pumps are designed for max gph flow rate at very low head ratings. The head is basically the outlet pressure rating at which the pump is designed to work which relates to how high it can pump the water. You should be more concerned with the head rating of the pump then the gph flow rate since you'll need good pressure to force the water through a restricted nozzle to get it to shoot a long distance.
With that in mind I don't now if that Little Giant 5500 that has a 2" outflow would be the pump that would work for you. Look at the charts on the link that Meyers posted, you see the flow rates are much lower than 5500 gph (91 gpm), it is the head ratings that are important to obtain the distance through those jet nozzles.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I see two issues you'll need to deal with.
One is will there be a way to hook up those nozzles to your gargoyles? Generally those spitter things come with their own outlet nozzles built it. Sometimes they may have a "jet" type nozzle, but very often it is simply a straight pipe.
The other issue is the rated head of the pump. Some pumps are designed for max gph flow rate at very low head ratings. The head is basically the outlet pressure rating at which the pump is designed to work which relates to how high it can pump the water. You should be more concerned with the head rating of the pump then the gph flow rate since you'll need good pressure to force the water through a restricted nozzle to get it to shoot a long distance.
With that in mind I don't now if that Little Giant 5500 that has a 2" outflow would be the pump that would work for you. Look at the charts on the link that Meyers posted, you see the flow rates are much lower than 5500 gph (91 gpm), it is the head ratings that are important to obtain the distance through those jet nozzles.

Thank you for all this intellectually challenging (for me) information. I hate to throw money at the problem and end up in the same spot so I will check out the head rate of the pump I have and any I look at to replace it. I am not sure how the nozzles will connect except with forcing tubing over the end of the straight nozzle to continue on to the spitter. I wll have to have one in hand to look at it and my options so I don't want to order a $50 one. Maybe an $8 from Amazon since I can't figure out who might have them locally. Thanks again!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I like laguna pumps most come with a 3 or 4 year warranty and they are energy efficient

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thank you for all this intellectually challenging (for me) information. I hate to throw money at the problem and end up in the same spot so I will check out the head rate of the pump I have and any I look at to replace it. I am not sure how the nozzles will connect except with forcing tubing over the end of the straight nozzle to continue on to the spitter. I wll have to have one in hand to look at it and my options so I don't want to order a $50 one. Maybe an $8 from Amazon since I can't figure out who might have them locally. Thanks again!
There are usually some type of connectors, fittings, or clamps for this. Maybe with this help and the advice you've gotten from KOIPHEN, you'll get it worked out. Be sure to post pictures so we can see the end results and see how well the nozzle suggestion works for you.

Reaction score
Country
United States
There are usually some type of connectors, fittings, or clamps for this. Maybe with this help and the advice you've gotten from KOIPHEN, you'll get it worked out. Be sure to post pictures so we can see the end results and see how well the nozzle suggestion works for you.

At least now I have a starting point instead of just laying out money for bigger pumps and getting frustrated with the results. Thanks and when I get it figured out I will post a picture to show the results.

Ask a Question