Is it just me? Trying to understand my non typical pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Whoa just tested the pond again figuring maybe after the last super heavy rain the pH would have possibly dropped, nope. It is up to 8.7 now! I've never had a pH above 8.3 and that was once. Heavy rains must have brought some crap with them or a very unlikely possibility is that it flooded over there and something got washed into the pond but that is so unlikely cause it is graded properly and that entire section of yard is raised. So the pond is getting a water change now! lol I am on a well though so I hope my source water isn't messed up too. It tested it's usual 7.6 pH but that before outgassing.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
That's some beautiful green algae!

Remember pH changes from morning to night - for accuracy you want to test both early and late.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
You may need to add some kind of slow acting acid to drop the ph. Spegum? moss, pine, something like that in the bog perhaps. It’d leach out slow, lowering ph. There’s a post about someone trying that in their bog to hide the gravel. Don’t think they tried it. But now that I think of it, I might do it to to drop my ph a little to make it more in line with what they say koi like.

Ask a Question