TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Hello everybody, I am working through all the many logistics of the Eagle project pond, and am having trouble choosing any sort of pond pump. Every manufacturer claims to do the same thing at wildly different prices. What would be your recommendations for a high quality pump that makes at least 5000 gph?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hello everybody, I am working through all the many logistics of the Eagle project pond, and am having trouble choosing any sort of pond pump. Every manufacturer claims to do the same thing at wildly different prices. What would be your recommendations for a high quality pump that makes at least 5000 gph?
PERFORMACE PRO.............. THEY USE BALDORE PUMPS......THE BY FAR NUMBER ONE PUMPS IN THE INDUSTRY

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
PERFORMACE PRO.............. THEY USE BALDORE PUMPS......THE BY FAR NUMBER ONE PUMPS IN THE INDUSTRY
They have a very compelling lineup! Thanks for the recommendation, their wellspring pump line is on my list.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Interesting. Didn’t realize Performance Pro made a submersible. I would imagine it is top notch.

For ease of maintenance, you can also plumb an external pump to a skimmer.

One unsolicited thought: who is maintaining this feature? Will they be able to keep up with cleaning a skimmer?

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Interesting. Didn’t realize Performance Pro made a submersible. I would imagine it is top notch.

For ease of maintenance, you can also plumb an external pump to a skimmer.

One unsolicited thought: who is maintaining this feature? Will they be able to keep up with cleaning a skimmer?
I was thinking of going with the wellspring line, it appears submersible. Is this true?

Here is a link to the pump in question: https://webbsonline.com/Item/PerformancePro-1-HP-WellSpring-Pump-MPN-WS1-66

The gardens has a full-time staff to maintain everything, though they have clearly not been doing so well with the pond recently. There is already a waterfall currently running that operates off a skimmer box and that is still functional.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I was thinking of going with the wellspring line, it appears submersible. Is this true?

Yep, that's a submersible. Should be a good one , but it's designed for high head applications. 922 watts is a big energy draw. Do you know the head pressure you're working with in the rest of the system? Elevation rise (pond water level to bog water level), size and length of existing plumbing that you're tying into?

I would also double check the dimensions of whatever pump you choose to make sure it will fit inside the existing skimmer and that the skimmer can handle the flow demanded by the pump.

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Yep, that's a submersible. Should be a good one , but it's designed for high head applications. 922 watts is a big energy draw. Do you know the head pressure you're working with in the rest of the system? Elevation rise (pond water level to bog water level), size and length of existing plumbing that you're tying into?

I would also double check the dimensions of whatever pump you choose to make sure it will fit inside the existing skimmer and that the skimmer can handle the flow demanded by the pump.
Thanks for the insight! Didn’t realize that energy draw. The elavation rise is only a few feet, and plumbing will be about 20 or 30 feet in length, not much.

The skimmer box is huge, 24” deep with about a 16” water depth, and the pump area is about 12”x24”, so I am not concerned about that.

Ask a Question