Must have perennials?

Reaction score
With the stores and nurseries starting the sales. What are some perennials someone should grab.

Have gotten some blackeyed susans, coneflower, butterfly bushes, daylillies and salvia. Also grabbed a catmint. All for only 2-3 bucks each for 2gal pots which isn't to bad at all.

Was thinking of grabbing a bee balm if they have any left tomorrow.

Thanks.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Bee balm is very pretty, also look for lavender, phlox, sage they bloom all summer.

Reaction score
bee balm is great but is a lot of work because it spreads so quickly. I bought some low growing perennials this spring you might want to look for, lemon thyme, it spreads, smells fantastic, has purple flowers and you can use it in cooking or tea. I also bought a plant because my husband is a chocoholic called, Chocolate Chip, a pretty low growing evergreen with purple flowers. It spreads and looks great on the back side of my waterfall among the rocks. You might find tall grasses going on sale too.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Take a look at the carpet flower, low growing blooms all summer. Very pretty too

My bee balm has not really spread, so far just sitting in one area being pretty, but I could eat those words next year.

I do have the space, so not that concerned

Reaction score
Ya, was looking at some sage and lavender. Is there a big difference between Russian and Mexican? Mexican is more pink it looks like.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have the russian, also salvia sage which is a nice reddish color, both are really pretty. The salvia sage is just getting going, cheap distressed plants. I will go out and see if there is a decent picture I can get for you

Russian sage
. DSC02142.JPG

Salvia sage.........ultra violet autumn sage..........a violet color

DSC02141.JPG

unknown huge plant, need to find the plant tag, the butterflies and bees love it
was a distressed plant from last year.......

DSC02133.JPG

love my hyacinths, they are blooming like crazy in one of my little ponds in the stream

DSC02140.JPG

Ask a Question