New small pond with 2 waterfalls - pump and other questions

BBK

Reaction score
Looks great! 'feeder' goldfish are a great choice for your pond! When I put in my pond, I put 5 feeders in there. They are about 8" long now except for one and doing great! When I bought them, they were all orange little guys. 3 stayed orange, 1 turned white, and 1 is half orange half white.

100_0148.jpg

This is the smallest one.
100_0197.jpg

Goldfish look good too!

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Yes you did A .. Super job getting the pond in the ground...looks great

Reaction score
Hi,
I have several and use them all over my ponds, tanks and even to water plants with water changes. I realy like the idea that they have a built in bio filter and can be easily disassembled to clean out. it comes with all kinds of attachments as well. i added the flex hose that Home Depot sells. I would not be without it. I even toss it in my pond during heavy rains to keep the pond from overflowing. Recently, i used it to cycle water through a milk crate filled with batting to clear my water after the spawn.

Reaction score
BBK said:
Looks great! 'feeder' goldfish are a great choice for your pond! When I put in my pond, I put 5 feeders in there. They are about 8" long now except for one and doing great! When I bought them, they were all orange little guys. 3 stayed orange, 1 turned white, and 1 is half orange half white.

100_0148.jpg

This is the smallest one.
100_0197.jpg

Goldfish look good too!

To get your lil feeder fish to grow like that, do you feed them?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
they will feed on alge or whatever they can in the pond but feeding definately helps speed things up!! this time next year your feeders should be 5"+

Ask a Question