Newbie with filter question.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@moby @cas But "tote" is so much easier to say...... These were just some examples I grabbed off a Google search. For ponders, "tote" can mean any version of a Rubbermaid, Sterilite, or other brand of "lidded storage bins."

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a ish!
Country
United Kingdom
Having come across the word Rubbermaid on Internet forums recently, I even googled that as once again, I didn't know what it referred to :) language differences eh? Thanks for the explanations :)

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Having come across the word Rubbermaid on Internet forums recently, I even googled that as once again, I didn't know what it referred to :) language differences eh? Thanks for the explanations :)
Not to hijack your thread, but..... LOL, and I know exactly what you mean about the language differences, Moby! I am currently searching for the perfect [for me] camping tent. One day recently, I saw a tent that looked interesting, but it was offered on Amazon.UK. So I went over there [on the Internet, not in person] and started looking at all the tents. Wow, were things different -- the tents were different, the systems were different, and the descriptions were different. I felt like I was reading a foreign language trying to decipher it all! I finally logged in [to Amazon.UK] and had to ask some product-related questions just to understand. And I'm still lost -- there is a lot to be said for "seeing it in person."

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Pondrookie. Your pond won't cycle without biological matter in it. Just running water won't do it. Most people put a few very small fish or some fish food to help cycle a pond. The ammonia and bad bacteria can build up pretty quickly on a new pond so that's why you need to watch it. We have all learned by our mistakes here. Fortunately you found GPF and that should shorten the learning curve!

Ask a Question