Pond bank repairs tomorrow

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
My 33 year old son is coming tomorrow to take on needed pond bank repairs. In fact he helped in the initial build about 15 years ago. Should be a good day together. He has always been willing to take on any task we have needed done.

In regards to getting pond work done by pond shops I've not been lucky. The so called pro's want $100 per hour with a 3 hour minimum. Our favored pond cleaning lady doesn't take on heavy work since her helper is expecting. I told wifey we could decommission the pond and turn that area back into a lawn but my sweety firmly said no. I'm such a lucky man. Will let y'all know how tomorrow turns out

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
My 33 year old son is coming tomorrow to take on needed pond bank repairs. In fact he helped in the initial build about 15 years ago. Should be a good day together. He has always been willing to take on any task we have needed done.

In regards to getting pond work done by pond shops I've not been lucky. The so called pro's want $100 per hour with a 3 hour minimum. Our favored pond cleaning lady doesn't take on heavy work since her helper is expecting. I told wifey we could decommission the pond and turn that area back into a lawn but my sweety firmly said no. I'm such a lucky man. Will let y'all know how tomorrow turns out

Wow, I don't charge anywhere near that.

Reaction score
15 years is a long time to keep the same pond going in the same shape isn't it? I hope my pond springs a leak in 15 years so I can buy a new liner and dig my pond bigger!!! But not now, I'm still trying to recover and gear up for next years landscape project. Which involves large heavy sections of slate, loads of flower dirt, loads of mulch. I need to carbo pack this winter!!!

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Today was wonderful even though I did get on his nerves a few times. Sean told me I somewhat of a perfectionist. LOL! Before taking on the work you folks answers so many questions for me plus I did a lot of reading. The result surpasses all of our expectations. The earthy organic true Texas mulch has to dry out before photos are appropriate. All excess stone laying about was removed giving way to mulch. If you wonder why I emphasized the mulch I'm sure you are familiar with the colored and shredded all wood variety. This organic mulch is a mixture of finely shredded hardwood and decomposed compost. Adds beauty and benefits the landscape. Anyway, the banks needing repair are now problem free. The solution for the infamous cove containing the cypress tree knees and water roots was one of those on the spot, or why didn't I think of that before happenings. The day ended with father and son hugging. Proud of a job well done. Thank you all.

Ask a Question