Pond cleanout in chicago

Reaction score
Country
United States
We just finished cleaning our pond. Our koi are in a holding tank. We just finished adding all new water, about 2500 gallons how much dechlorinator do I put in? We have refilled our entire pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
Welcome. I would think that the product would have this information on the label. I have well water so have never used it. Could I ask why you emptied and cleaned your pond? Doing this destroys the beneficial bacteria that has built up and your pond needs to start all over.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to the group!

Best way to know is read the bottle, it will say how much to add for the gallons.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome!

Yes, as others have said, the bottle will have instructions listed to tell you how much to add. I’m sure that each product has different “dosing” concentrations, so no one can really tell you what you need to do with the product that you have.

Are you new to ponds? When you added your koi to the holding tank, how did you dose that water?

Tell us more about your pond set up, and post pictures if you can — we love to see the ponds of other members!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome! Your pond will certainly need time again to earn its beneficial bacteria all over again. When I first began with my pond, I had all sorts of chemical reactions happening in the water that I had no understanding off. But every time I took it to the internet - all of what I read said for me to let the pond do it's thing and eventually it will balance out. During the waiting time - I continue monitor the pond stages for any obvious signs of destruction or things along that line. If is I see I Google search it :).

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome but I have never cleaned my pond and when I had to rebuild I always used my original pond water that I saved so don't know much about what you did .I would never want to start over again just because it is a lot of work and really not healthy for the fish

Ask a Question