Pond fountain slab

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I do not think the small pieces on top will work, it may but it is iffy. Your 3 to 1 concrete mix is better for doing thickness work like a footing or formed walls not laying stone like that, you would need to add lime to the concrete which would bond a little better. Any good adhesive would work that bonds to masonry. Here is the US the PL product line is good. Here is a picture of what I would use if you can get it.

View attachment 111067
Ok thanks so if I go out in the morning tap that back off, get something like that adhesive.

If I put that adhesive on the concrete I've made and then put the slab on, will it instantly grab the slab or will I need to wieght it down again?

The slab is very heavy and easily tips off the edge of them blocks I've made.

The top of the blocks are only 15cm wide I struggled to get it to stay in place with the concrete without leaving a large section over hanging inside the pond.

I'm across the pond from you in the UK.

Would this be similar to the adhesive you sent a picture of ?
https://www.screwfix.com/p/nemesis-...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CMGFpMXGmtsCFcwS0wodWOwFzg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Whilst your here...
If I go out tomorrow and it doesn't come up with a simple tap what do you recommend I do?

I don't want to snap the slab
It will come up, take off the small end pieces first then just use that bar I seen in the pictures and tap lightly along the underside of the stone at the cement line. If your home know, it will be easy to just pull it off now and just let the concrete dry.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It will come up, take off the small end pieces first then just use that bar I seen in the pictures and tap lightly along the underside of the stone at the cement line. If your home know, it will be easy to just pull it off now and just let the concrete dry.
Yeah I'm home now but it's pitch black out there I'll end up falling in the pond lol. 1.45 am at the moment here.

I'll use the chisel and give it a good tap.

Back tomorrow to let you know how it went

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Yeah I'm home now but it's pitch black out there I'll end up falling in the pond lol. 1.45 am at the moment here.

I'll use the chisel and give it a good tap.

Back tomorrow to let you know how it went
LOL. So late for that for sure. It will be easy no worries

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
See what you mean...

I went out there and yanked on it and at first it looked extremely strong, luckily you said to take it off as after Yanked a few more times it just fell off.

The glue I put on instantly grabbed it without even having to hold it down. I've put bricks on top anyway but it's looking 10x stronger instantly.

After it dries I'll go around the inside with an angle grinder getting the excess off

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
going to steal this thread for a bit since a related problem, sorry @Steve2324

I have water emptying into the pond from a bog. The spout area is about 6 feet. Unfortunately it is a little unlevel, so the water just run out on one side instead of the entire span. @RobAmy, can in just use a leveling concrete under the liner? or just use wood to get it close to level? Concrete seems like a more elegant solution, however more work with having to frame the area. Kind of like this. But not close to as nice. Actually can the bog just flow right in like this?

2b658309bd93c962ab8d0172b192024f.png

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Waiting for it to dry completely now and tomorrow I'll grind the excess off and start glueing down the liner.

How strong of a hold does this adhesive have?

Do you think it would be strong enough for me to glue down a solid concrete angel on top of the slab so the water flows up and around the angel as it falls off the slab?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
United States
Waiting for it to dry completely now and tomorrow I'll grind the excess off and start glueing down the liner.

How strong of a hold does this adhesive have?

Do you think it would be strong enough for me to glue down a solid concrete angel on top of the slab so the water flows up and around the angel as it falls off the slab?
The PL products I have used are incredibly strong. I would say yes. Will there be fish residing in this? Not sure about fish safe.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The PL products I have used are incredibly strong. I would say yes. Will there be fish residing in this? Not sure about fish safe.
I have used a lot of pl products around my fish, no issues. When the stuff dries it is like a rock.

Ask a Question