Pond Safety Net

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
Canada
Does anyone know where to order some pond safety netting (preferable in Canada)? The only places I can find are in England. Does anyone else use something different than netting to protect against children falling in? Building a fence is not an option.
Cheers

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't have human children but to protect my dogs we built a fence around the pond area (not the entire yard) to keep them out. The pond isn't very big and my husband did the work so it didn't cost too much.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
Canada
I don't have human children but to protect my dogs we built a fence around the pond area (not the entire yard) to keep them out. The pond isn't very big and my husband did the work so it didn't cost too much.
A fence would be the easiest solution but with the design of my backyard it would be impractical to build a fence.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Garden centres will have netting that is strong enough to hold a small child. You can buy netting that is designed to support large vines or tomato plants.
The difficult part will be how you sufficiently anchor it to the sides of your pond.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Okay, sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Hopefully others on the forum will be around and reply with something that will work for you.

Unfortunately, I have a great winter net tie wrapped to pvc and I have a pool with a loop loc. I've been all over the internet when I was searching for my netting and I have to say, you're looking for a needle in a stack of needles. Anything strong enough would obscure your view completely. Do to the pool, my backyard is completely fenced and gated. Best of luck. Hope you prove me wrong ....

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Does anyone know where to order some pond safety netting (preferable in Canada)? The only places I can find are in England. Does anyone else use something different than netting to protect against children falling in? Building a fence is not an option.
Cheers

No such animal exists. If a fence isn't an option, you might want to lay a 2x4 framework and then put lattice on top of it. Alternately you could overlay the 2x4 framework with steel mesh (a little more expensive). Were you to hinge the 2x4 framework, you'd have access for service.

Ask a Question