Restoring/improving old pond

Reaction score
Country
United States
they will have to be unstacked slowly .I would be ready with a tarp and wrap it around the dirt and stack it to the ground behind the pond to help hold back the dirt .Thing is putting it back together .

Luckily the liner runs all the way to the top of the wall and about a foot beyond. I can take off the top section of rocks and the liner should hold the dirt well as long as I keep the liner secured at the top and just run the new liner over it. Then carefully restack the wall.

Reaction score
Country
United States
It does not leak that you have seen .

I have some water running down the wall to the left side that is escaping where I have been messing with that side, but none escaping through the liner. But when it changes from ~50 gallons to 400 plus I don't know if it will remain leak free.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
true the it will always happen .I know I have been there moles chewed the liner then a dog ripped that liner then another dog ripped that liner .If it rains it pours

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Deconstructing the pond to install a new liner should not initiate any wall collapse even in the waterfall area if you leave the old liner in place and install the new liner directly over the old. I would certainly agree with @sissy that this should be done when rain is not expected.

Ask a Question