stunted koi growth

Reaction score
Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
I have about 20 - 30 koi in one of my ponds and they could be further subdivided into groups by their age. I noticed that the growth of some of the koi are a lot more substantial as compared to the others. In fact, some of the younger koi are virtually "reaching" the size of their older counterparts! My query is, would the slow-growing koi be eventually stunted in their growth? if so, is there a remedy for this? :100:

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
One of my smallest koi is one of my oldest..i had it from the start of my ponds. All of my new fish have passed it up..

Reaction score
Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
DrCase said:
One of my smallest koi is one of my oldest..i had it from the start of my ponds. All of my new fish have passed it up..
Hello there DC. I got into this situation maybe due to the long span of time wherein the koi had depressing appetites or even stopped feeding. How "small" is that smallest yet oldest koi of yours? I think my young guns might likewise pass the older bums in my own pond. :banghead3:

Ask a Question