water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
j.w said:
Magnifico! I remember seeing your windows before and being able to look out and see your gardens and pond.
Is it hard to maintain all your property........weeding and such?
It would be wonderful to have a sun room to keep all my plants in.
1sm351meatballs.gif

The mowing, takes about 2 hours with a riding mower. With the pond and plants I got rid of some bad slopes, that were hard to mow. If we have a wet year, I mow twice a week, dry like last summer I only mowed maybe 6 times all summer.

I am not the it must be perfect type gardener. I have put in a 100's of plants, and 100's+++ of bulbs, all new last year, will be interesting to see how they look this second year, including in the bog. Put in a bunch of evergreen plants also, so even though it is cold there is still color. I have the gardens heavily mulched, use roundup to get rid of some of the stuff that still grows if it is hard to pull. Keeps me in shape...........lol

A bunch of the gardens (away from the house) are wildflower gardens, so no weeding done at all, just mow down at the end of the year.

Will be great to finally get the pumps running for the pond too. We are going to have one for the bog and one for the stream, waterfalls, a separate circuit so we can turn off when we are gone, ow might come home to an empty pond.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sounds like you've got it figured so you have the least amount of maintenance for what you have planted and that's my idea also but we have too darn much grass to mow.
Will be fun to see what all your gardens look like this Spring and Summer w/ all your new plantings and pond setups running
flowerfly.gif

Ask a Question