addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Luckily just a skin reaction, no breathing issues ow would have to carry an epi pen with me.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I was suprised to see the number of wasps & dirt daubers that showed up once we got the pond-hole dug. And now that it's a real-life pond, they're still around. But no nests nearby. So far, no signs of agression and if I'm doing something and notice one, make every effort not to cross its path. Last week a red wasp landed on my hand while I was doing something with some plants. Scared the snot out of me and I instinctively slung my hand. The wasp landed hard in the water and I noticed it was having trouble getting onto a leaf. I used a stick to get it onto the leaf, but it kept ending up in the water. Later, I found it in the skimmer. I actaully felt bad 'cause I'd apparently injured it, though not intentionally. I'm not a fan of wasps, but also tend to leave nature alone as long as "nature" isn't an immediate threat [well, except for fire ants ]. We will occasionally get a wasp in the house [fireplace entry?] and they fly around the window, I guess trying to get back out. We sorta have to kill those 'cause we discover them when the cats find them and are trying to catch them. Silly cats! Haven't seen any yellow jackets in years, thank goodness!

Ask a Question