sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Kristi Kelty said:
HaHaHa!!! My Mom had my first pet (a goldfish) stuffed at the taxidermist and framed....it was on my wall growing up....Fun memories!
that would give me the creeps and nightmares too .

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
filter floss, like anything that says pond or aquarium on it is expensive... you can get a 3 foot high bag of polyfill at Wallyworld for i think $7.00
.. it works great... i use it my skimmer on the basement pond, ontop of an eggcrate foam. they catch an ammazing amount of fines, even in visually crystal clear water. and since smaller fines and dissolved organics tend to collect near the surface. its the ideal location to draw water for a fines filter.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I worked for a furniture maker many years ago, (I'm an upholsterer) and regularily went to a supplier to pick up foam. Found out they were willing to sell me rolls of Fiberfill, so for a while I was supplying our aquarium society with filter floss. The rolls were about 5 1/2' tall, and about 4' across. I had a little Capri at the time, and one roll filled up the back seat and spilled over into the front! Forget exactly what I paid for a roll, but it was under $20. Wish I could still get them!
John

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I buy it at walmart also but some of the fabic store put great sales on it also .Like buy one get one free .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
true a couple of years ago I bought some at the basset furniture factory here ,when they had there big floor model leftover sales .They have 1 every year in the early spring and i always forget to go .

Reaction score
sissy said:
My brother put his fish bowl on the radiator because he said they were cold .3 cooked fish later and he learned nothing .He then gave his new fish a bath in the bathtub with him .Mr Bubble bath stuff does not help fish :cheerful: :cheerful: poor dirty ,half clean dead fish .
Well, I now dont feel so bad about our daughter brushing her teeth in the tadpoles we grew (those kits where you hatch the eggs) ... she didnt kill them ...

Reaction score
Kristi Kelty said:
HaHaHa!!! My Mom had my first pet (a goldfish) stuffed at the taxidermist and framed....it was on my wall growing up....Fun memories!
Ok ... this was a bit much ... please say mom didnt frame anyone's ashes, or worse LOL ...

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
capewind said:
Well, I now dont feel so bad about our daughter brushing her teeth in the tadpoles we grew (those kits where you hatch the eggs) ... she didnt kill them ...
tadpoles get any teeth and guess they had no cavities . :LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Funnny thread! ....and no, Capewind, my Mom didn't frame any ashes....HaHaHa! She was just very creative and always did wonderful projects like that! (One time she spray painted a huge pile of rocks white in the middle of summer-- and had all us kids dressed for the snow posed on the rocks for the annual Christmas card! It was really warm and all these cars were driving by....really slowly!) Too funny.

Ask a Question