addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Just pay postage. I am going to purge the bog of some, already over grown. Losing my rock path
Screenshot_20240428_150446_Gallery.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
@addy1 if you still have some plants you are culling and need to get rid of, I’d happily pay you postage+ most of my stuff dies over winter so it gets expensive every year. I was surprised my horsetail rush survived the winter! I’m gonna give lizards tail a try this year, as it seems hardy to zone 4.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I just tossed a lot, need to let some grow back.
@addy1 if you still have some plants you are culling and need to get rid of, I’d happily pay you postage+ most of my stuff dies over winter so it gets expensive every year. I was surprised my horsetail rush survived the winter! I’m gonna give lizards tail a try this year, as it seems hardy to zone 4.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can't remember the thread where someone was asking about building a bog for their pond recently, so wanted to post this here. This is a great summary of a lot of ozpond's channel, all wrapped up in one helpful and informative video:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oz has some great explanations and also is easy to follow. He does touch on if you have more fish . And that is critical with most ponds. THE FISH LOAD.

He is very happy with a small school of fish and underwater they are great little eco systems. But again very few fish.

I am rather stingy with the food to my koi. I want them to root around the pond nipping at every rock every nook a cranny.
Adding koi in particular, Can demand a great deal more filtration and circulation. To keep a healthy environment.

With my entire pond, cistern, bogs, upper pond, stream, lower pond, I guesstimate I'm about 17000 gallons and I usually have 25 to 30 koi a foot to 2 feet long. In order to get the water to the clarity I like the bog where it is a decent mechanical filter. I felt it lacked or my design did the need to have more mechanical where I can physically remove some of the every day slime. The solution to that was a nano bead filter. The combination I am very pleased with.
20240517_193111.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have rehomed many , aggressive breeding, aggressive feeding, changed patterns or colors and no longer fit the bill, but i have not removed due to getting too large though i do have my favorites if they get large they aren't going anywhere but who knows , someday i may switch to gold fish and not do a thing to the pond, but thats day is not even a bic lighter at the end of the tunnel today

Ask a Question